Home > About Us > School Information > School Rules
ALL CASUARINIANS MUST EXERCISE SELF RESPONSIBILITY AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY BY:
OBSERVING THE PROPER DECORUM AT ASSEMBLY
- Pupils who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge. Pupils will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
BEING PRESENT AND PUNCTUAL FOR ALL SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AND FUNCTIONS
- Be at the assembly area by the time stipulated by the school every morning.
- Be on time for all lessons/CCA/ CCP/ other school activities.
- Submit medical certificates or parent's letter if absent from school.
- Seek the permission of the class teacher when leaving the classroom.
- Parents/ guardians to seek the permission of the Principal or Vice-Principal before leaving the school compound during curriculum time.
- Seek the permission of parents or guardians if leaving the school compound before remedial / supplementary lessons or CCAs.
BEING GRACIOUS AND HONEST IN BOTH WORDS AND DEEDS AT ALL TIMES
- Show respect to everyone in both words and deeds.
- Greet all staff.
- Use kind words and display gracious behaviour.
- Talk at the right time.
- Respect other people's belongings and not take things that do not belong to me.
- Exercise integrity and not engage in any form of cheating during tests or examinations or tell lies to cover up any offence committed.
- Bear the consequences of any inappropriate behaviour or offences committed
OBSERVING SAFETY AT WORK AND PLAY
- Obey safety rules at work and play.
- Ensure that you are not in possession of any weapon(s) or weapon-like item(s) which would be used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Follow science laboratory safety procedures.
- Cooperate and follow instructions in the event of an emergency
- Exercise self-restraint and not engaged in any fights or forms of bullying
- Exercise tolerance and patience.
KEEPING THE SCHOOL CLEAN AND LITTER FREE
- Keep the classrooms and toilets clean.
- Throw all litter and rubbish into the bins.
- Consume food and drink in the school canteen.
- Respect and not vandalise school properties.
BEING CONSCIENTIOUS AT WORK
- Complete and hand in assignments or projects punctually.
- Pay attention during lessons.
- Not to bring expensive toys or electronic devices to school.
Note: The use of hand phones will be allowed for valid reasons. The hand phone can only be used at the Foyer Area, Parents' Waiting Area and Back Gate Area. Use of hand phones in the class is strictly not permitted. The school reserves the right to confiscate the hand phone when it is being used at an inappropriate time and place.
ABIDING BY THE RULES AND REGULATIONS ON ASSESSMENTS
- Be punctual for all assessments.
- When ill, produce a medical certificate in order to be excused from taking an examination paper. There is no re-sitting of examination.
- Remain silent throughout the examination.
- Not to engage in any form of communication with classmates when examination is in progress.
- Not to bring hand phones or other electronic devices into the examination room.
- Observe any other rules and regulations as stipulated by the school authority.
- Bear the consequences of any inappropriate behaviour or offences committed.
OBSERVING THE MANDATORY RULING ON ATTIRE
- Wear the prescribed school uniform and PE attire. Modifications to the uniform are not allowed.
- Dress appropriately for all school functions and activities.
- Ensure that the embroidered name tag is sewn on each school shirt/blouse/T-shirt.
- Tuck in shirt, blouse or T-shirt.
- Wear only white canvas shoes and white socks which must be clearly visible.
- Seek permission from teachers if other types of shoes have to be worn for medical reasons.
- Wear track shoes only on CCA days and specific event days.
- Wear the school socks. (Other white plain socks are allowed and the length must be comparable to that of the school socks)
- Wear the school tie on Mondays.
- Keep hair short, neat and styled simply at all times.
- Not to have any tinted or coloured hair.
- Hair does not touch the collar and ears.
- Fringe should be cut once it touches the eyebrows.
- Sporting facial hair(moustache, beards or sideburns) is not allowed. Face must be clean-shaven.
- Hair should be tied up if it touches the shoulder.
- Fringe should be clipped up or cut once it touches the eyebrows.
- Only black hair accessories are allowed.
- Keep finger nails clean andshort.
- No nail polish (coloured or transparent).
- Not to wear gold / expensive jewellery, bracelets, friendship bands, rings, anklets, multiple earrings or any other kind of rings.
- No earrings or ear studs is allowed.
- Only plain single ear stud/earring on each ear is allowed.
ABIDING BY THE SCHOOL CYBERSPACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Use the school computers under supervision of a teacher.
- Use the school computers only for school work strictly as directed by my teacher.
- Keep my personal log-in password to the school network a secret to myself. Do not share my password with friends.
B. Personal Wellness
- Keep my personal information on-line confidential. Do not share my family's address, phone number, school's name and personal photograph with strangers on-line.
- Tell my teacher and parent if a stranger I have befriended with on-line tries to arrange a meeting with me.
- Tell my teacher and parent when I receive emails, sms, chat messages that seem threatening, improper or indecent.
- Be original. Do not copy someone's work on-line and call it my own.
- Respect the owner's copyright and seek permission from the owner of the material.
- Always make reference and citation to the source of the material.
D. On-line Mannerism
- Remember the rule of courtesy. Maintain the same standard of graciousness on-line as my real-life identity.
- Think about what is posted. Be responsible; avoid any provocative remarks or statements that can offend.
- Respect other people's time. Avoid sending or forwarding information that is not important or relevant to others.
- Avoid flaming Do not scold, insult, or ridicule others on-line.